Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ireland, Crew, and Tangents

Before proceeding, you should know that beer and alcohol have transmitted their influence through my nervous system and to my fingers, making the language slightly inappropriate for humans that resemble elves. If you are a child or an elf, please stop reading and get back to work making shoes for Nike. Christmas is fucking coming.



I leave for Ireland in one month, 21 hours.

Holy. Shit.

I am finally leaving this small town. I am finally getting away from people I rarely connect with. Seriously, I don't give a shit about a car's engine.

Seriously, I'm sick of constant reminders of the past that I can't get away with.

I should have taken the advice of my buddy Red (or Red Muff) when we were juniors in high school (By buddy I mean the most trusted and respected guy I know. Not to mention he is the example of how high school grades lie about knowledge. The dude is fucking smart as hell. Ok, now I will jump off his dick.)

One night (a crazy night, full of drama, water works, and Bone Thugs) the Crew was getting heavy in some personal topics that sometimes got brought up. Now that I think about it, this was a night that we all said we wouldn't forget (hey you four...did you forget it?). But my bullshit problems got brought up and Red (Muff) said something that I won't forget. "Dude, I could see you moving away. Like, I think it would be the best for you. You have too many memories here that are too hard for you."

Son of a bitch he was right.

Yea, things got better for a while, but all in all I will ALWAYS feel held back living in this small town. I can never evolve. I'll never need to adapt.

...To back it up for my Crew nukkas real quick. Why can't I find anyone to philosophize with like you fuckers? We need to burn a tree or two and chop some halves....

In a month, I will have to adapt. I will have to learn a whole new language: the language of Irish mumblin'. Guinness wrapped in corn beef n cabbage will be my diet. I hope I can walk from the pub to my apartment. Jesus, maybe I'll sleep at the pub so I don't have to walk so far to class the next morning.

By the way, I only have class Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Haha bitches.

I feel like I left the theme of this post.


I'll leave it at this.



"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." -Eleanor Roosevelt

So where the fuck do you stand?

-Skitz

1 comment:

  1. Somehow..I really really like this. I don't know how, but I truly appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete