Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ramblings: Talking to myself

I am currently sitting here, in my room, with a couple of shots in me watching Californication and just had some things I wanted to share.

ONE: I hate the course known as career planning. I don't like that some wannabe therapist is trying to dig into my soul. Plus, the douche assigns the final on a Friday when all the other stuff is due Sunday. I have more important shit to do during the week other than checking my damn BLACKBOARD for assignments. Like playing Call of Duty. Or updating my facebook status.

TWO: College basketball at Kish is sweet. The girls are technical and the guys are fast paced. However, it is annoying when a game has REFS that stop the game for excessive fouls. Nine minutes during the guys game took a full 45 minutes real time. If I was stoned I would have thought school was starting back up soon....

TWO and 1/2: I wanted to smack the people in front of me for bitching about the refs in a certain situation. A guy got hurt on the Kish team and was on the floor. The other team had the ball. The refs waited, as they should, to whistle for a halt in play until the other team scored or turned the ball over. But these unenlightened retard folk couldn't understand that. I thought sports fans (these people had a kid on the team) wouldn't be so ignorant. Must be from the State Dept.

THREE: I am frustrated with school. Last semester I had classes I enjoyed every day. This semester I find myself drifting off into a land that exists in my magical mind. A place called "NOT THIS BORING CLASS WITH BORING BULLSHIT." A place where elephants are still over populated and perfect to hunt for the mass profit of ivory.

FOUR: Too much homework still to do. I have a paper due tomorrow, history HW, and Spanish HW. Not cool.

FIVE: I am sick of being 20. I want to buy beer. I want to go to a bar and drink. This is crap. "Its my mind, and I want to damage it now!" (name the commercial)

SIX: Californication is both funny and sad. It has the relationship that cannot be and it is attractive to me. The character Hank Moody drinks, smokes, and screws to cope. Ah, the life of a novelist.

Finally, SEVEN: I had my study abroad orientation this past morning. It was awesome. I got to meet two people I will get to know better, known here as Prudence and Lucy. They seem pretty cool, although opposites. We shall see. But I learned about all the details regarding the trip to Carlow, Ireland. I learned not to drink heavily the first night there (bad things happen to those that do not respect the ramifications of jet lag). I learned about expenses, living, etc. I am hoping to share an apartment with a guy from Madison (did not get to meet because of car troubles). I want to have an American buddy to decompress and feel comfortable around while we experience this crazy country. Hopefully he is down to talk history, philosophy, beer, and women. If not, then Irish or other foreign students shall work. No matter what, it is going to be one hell of a four and a half month trip!

10. This orientation also inspired me to look into setting up another blog specifically for my Ireland trip; pre-trip, during trip, and post-trip. Look for it soon! Also, more posts will start coming when I'm not so busy! Happy Saturday! Go Bears!


-Skitz

2 comments:

  1. Call J. G. Wentworth!

    Also.

    I took a career planning course when I was in college. In the results of my "highly specific to me" tests, I was told I have the personality type to fit positions ranging from "school bus driver" to "personal chef."

    I can't drive anything bigger than a Corolla and I burn toast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a career planning story for sure. I did find that some of my results fit me well while most, like being a biochemist, were just a bit off.

    ReplyDelete